Wednesday, January 14, 2009

See You Next Season, I'm Off To The Links

Well, I (St. Louis Blues) have officially been eliminated from the Penny Arcade NHL09 Season 1 Playoffs. I came in as the sixth seed and lost to the third seeded Detroit Red Wings (who just happen to be owned by my real life friend, Frank). While it wasn't a surprise to be booted in the first round, it was pretty disappointing to give up a 1-0 lead in the third period of game 6. Oh well, there is always next season.

Speaking of next season, we currently have 20 teams. If you are at all interested in being in the Penny Arcade NHL09 Season 2, join the Penny Arcade Forums and post in the thread. We are looking for people that are going to be active in the league and play at least 3-5 games a week or play 2-3 times a week.

Me? I am leaving St. Louis for Philadelphia, my home team. I have already traded away some top guys for players I have on my ESPN Fantasy Hockey team, had on my season 1 team, and that are just my favorites. As for my bet on who will win the first ever Lord Tycho's Cup? I am going with Detroit. I want to see Paul Kariya prosper since I traded him for Henrik Zetterberg.

No comments: